Clear Interiors cares about the environment, both within your home, in Norfolk and across the world. As such we are committed to minimising our impact on the environment, keeping your homes safe and free from harmful chemicals and protecting the local environment in Norwich. We will do this via the following steps:
- Abiding by the Environmental Protection Act.
- Reducing our use of paper within the company, using secure, digital information storage where possible and using recycled paper.
- Raise awareness of environmental issues with staff and train them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities.
- Minimising waste, by ensuring our operations are running efficiently, only purchasing essential equipment, repairing equipment instead of replacing where possible.
- Using non-toxic, environmentally friendly chemicals to clean customer homes and places of business.
- Minimise our use of electricity, gas and water within customer properties and in our office.
- Fit energy efficient bulbs and use highly rated electrical equipment such as vacuum cleaners and washing machines in our office.
- Maximising what we can recycle in accordance with recycling provisions provided by Norwich City Council.
- Reducing car emissions by using the most efficient routes between customer homes and through teams travelling together to jobs.
- Actively promoting reduction, reuse and recycling to customers, suppliers and staff and promoting alternative, zero waste and non-toxic products via the Clear Interiors blog.
- Keeping informed about development of products and techniques within the cleaning industry that will further help to protect our environment and implementing changes where feasible.
- In order to make a positive contribution to the local environment, we are proud supporters of the Norfolk Wildlife Trust.
- Clear Interiors accepts responsibility for the harmful effects its operations have on both the local and global environment and is committed to reducing them.
- Jane Foulger, Manager, is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
Health and Safety Policy
General statement in accordance with the health and safety at work act 1974
It is the policy of Clear Interiors that its operations are executed at all times in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all its employees and all others who could be affected by our activities. To this end it is the Company’s policy:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from, and in connection with, our work activities
- To consult our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- To ensure that premises, plant and equipment provided or used by the Company are safe
- To ensure safe storage, handling and use of substances
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- To actively prevent accidents and work-related ill health
- To ensure proper welfare facilities and arrangements are in place
- To undertake Risk Assessments
- To review and revise this policy on an annual basis.
The full policy can be read here.
Valuing diversity and dignity at work
Clear Interiors is committed to valuing diversity and seeks to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work, as well as their potential to be developed in the job.
We believe that people from different backgrounds can bring fresh ideas, thinking and approaches which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient.
The Company will not tolerate direct or indirect discrimination against any person on the grounds of: age, disability, gender/gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation whether in the field of recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, career progression, training or dismissal.
We also expect customers to treat staff with respect at all times and to deal with them in a polite and respectful manner. We will not tolerate any behaviour from customers which is abusive, discriminatory or unreasonable. We reserve the right to cancel the service as of immediate effect and withdraw any team present at a property without notice.
It is also the responsibility of all staff in their daily actions, decisions and behaviour to endeavour to promote these concepts, to comply with all relevant legislation and to ensure that they do not discriminate against colleagues, customers, suppliers or any other person associated with the company.
In adopting these principles Clear Interiors:
- Will not tolerate acts that breach this policy and all such breaches or alleged breaches will be taken seriously, be fully investigated and may be subject to disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Fully recognises its legal obligations under all relevant legislation and codes of practice.
- Will allow staff to pursue any matter through the internal procedures, which they believe has exposed them to inequitable treatment within the scope of this policy.
- Will ensure that all managers understand and maintain their responsibilities and those of their team under this policy.
- Will offer opportunities for flexible working patterns, wherever operationally feasible, to help employees to combine a career with their domestic responsibilities.
- Will provide equal opportunity to all who apply for vacancies through open competition.
- Will select candidates only on the basis of their ability to carry out the job, using a clear and open process.
- Will provide all employees with the training and development that they need, to carry out their job effectively.
- Will provide all reasonable assistance to employees who are, or who become disabled, making reasonable adjustments wherever possible to provide continued employment. We will ensure an appropriate risk assessment is carried out and that appropriate specialist advice is obtained when necessary.
- Will distribute and publicise this policy statement throughout the company
Dignity at Work
The company believes that the working environment should at all times be supportive of the dignity and respect of individuals. If a complaint of harassment is brought to the attention of management, it will be investigated promptly, and appropriate action will be taken. This includes instances of improper conduct from customers towards staff members.