The cost of your clean will be dependent on a range of factors, however, our cleaning services can be tailored to suit your budget. We have a minimum charge of £40 +VAT. Cleans are priced per job, not per hour, which is explained below.
Book a free, in-home, no obligation quotation and one of our experienced managers will come out to visit you and discuss your individual needs at a time to suit you.
How do you price my clean?
Many things are considered when pricing your clean. These include:
- The size of your home – The smaller your home is, the easier it will be to clean your home from top-to-bottom.
- The number of belongings or items requiring special attention – Homes with less furniture and fewer belongings require less work to clean. Some homes also have items that require extra time and attention, such as brass doorhandles that need polishing.
- The frequency of your clean – A home being cleaned weekly usually requires less work than a house being cleaned fortnightly or monthly, where dirt, dust and limescale has had more of a chance to build up.
- Any additional services you would like – We offer a range of additional services so we can take the most annoying household tasks off your hands and tailor your clean to suit your needs.
- Whether you decide to put some duties on a rota – Many customers like to create their own bespoke cleaning rota. Putting rooms or duties on a rota can be a great way to manage the cost of your clean as well as keeping every bit of your house spotless.
- Cleanliness of your home – Some people have spotless homes already, but would like us to take over their cleaning chores, whilst others may be more relaxed about a bit of build up at home. The cleaner a home is to begin with, the less work is involved in getting it to the Clear Interiors standard.
- How much dirt builds up between cleans – Pets, babies, children and socialising at home are all important parts of our lives, but we all know they can create a little extra mess! We take this into account when pricing your clean, since a household with a single person and no pets is likely to have less build up of dust and dirt between cleans, than a bustling family of four with a friendly dog.
Why don’t you provide an hourly rate?
The standard of clean is more important than the time taken
The cost of your clean covers a top-to-bottom clean of your home every time, so we price per job instead of per hour. We don’t leave when the ‘time is up’, we leave when we have delivered the full clean at the standard of service we say we will deliver.
This means you don’t have to worry about how long we are taking and if your whole house will get done each time. Even after a family gathering, Christmas, household renovations, or sometimes during a period of ill health, when dust and dirt might build up more than usual, we will always bring your home back up to the same standard.
We also do this because the speed at which staff clean, can vary. Different teams work at different speeds and even on an individual level, sometimes a team member may work more quickly or slowly than usual, perhaps if they are more tired that day, or have a bit of extra pep on another. Also, we feel that just because a staff member spends a certain number of hours cleaning your home, this doesn’t guarantee that they have done a good job! We feel it’s better to deliver a complete and high quality service, rather than merely an exact amount of staff time.
Hourly rates can be misleading
It is worth noting that cleaning agencies normally advertise an hourly rate for cleaning, which can be very enticing and appear quite cheap, however this doesn’t tell the full story. On top of the hourly rate you pay to the cleaner, you will also pay an additional fee to the agency on an ongoing basis. In addition, you will normally be expected to provide all equipment and chemicals, which comes at a price.
If engaging with a solo, self-employed cleaner, similarly you will normally need to provide kit and chemicals. When choosing this option, you also take on a lot of responsibilities, similar to that of an employer, checking their right to work in the UK, for example, training them, going without holiday cover, or even having to “fire” them. Where you may pay less per hour, you often make up for it in extra effort and responsibility.
For more information about this, have a read of our blog post on the topic here.
Price per job means
- The price of your clean is fixed, making it easier to budget for.
- It doesn’t matter how quickly or slowly your team is working that day, you will always get the same standard of clean.
- It doesn’t matter how much dust and dirt has built up between cleans, your house will always be brought up to the same standard.
- You pay for the top-to-bottom completion and standard of the clean rather than for a set amount of man hours regardless of household condition, quality of clean or speed of team.
What is included in the cost of my clean?
- All equipment and chemicals
- A full top-to-bottom clean of your home, brought up to the same standard every time
- Normally a team of two cleaners
- Easily contactable management team, on hand to solve any issues or queries
- Excellent customer service
- Free re-cleans of areas if something is missed
- Proper insurance cover
- Ethically, securely and legally employed staff who are paid proper wages and required benefits, including legally required pay for their travel time between cleans
- Holiday and sickness cover
- All the hiring, checks, management and training of staff. If there are ever any issues, our managers will do the leg work.
For more details about pricing, please see our full Terms and Conditions.