Last updated: 21st February 2017
By making a booking either over the phone, by email or via the website, the Customer has verbal or written agreement, and is bound to Clear Interiors’ Terms and Conditions
1. Clear Interiors’ Services
- All equipment and chemicals are provided by Clear Interiors.
- Clear Interiors’ cleaning staff are not permitted to use cleaning products or solutions supplied by the Customer. Agreement to do so will be reached by both parties prior to any work commencing.
- Customers are required to provide legal parking, hot water, electricity and access to the property. Failure to provide any of these things will result in the service not being carried out and the Customer will be liable for the full cost of the clean.
- The Customer will be liable for any cost for parking incurred, which has been agreed between the Customer and management prior to the clean taking place. This charge will be itemised on the Customer’s invoice.
- Customers may be present when cleaning takes place.
- Customers will be rewarded for referring friends and family to Clear Interiors. Both the Customer and their referee will receive a £25 Marks and Spencer voucher, or £25 off the cost of their next regular clean. Clear Interiors reserves the right to amend the rewards offered without notice.
- To obtain the referral, a new Customer must have taken up a regular service with us, not a one-off service.
- There is no contractual obligation between Clear Interiors and its Customers. We instead hope to develop returning Customers through provision of an excellent service, open communication and responsiveness to feedback or complaints.
- A team of two will normally carry out each clean, however, there may be occasions where a staff member will be required to work alone, or in teams larger than two.
- Cleans may be carried out any time between 08:30-16:00 on weekdays, excluding Christmas closing dates and Bank Holidays. Customers may request to be a first clean, which means their clean will start between 08:30-09:00. We have limited first clean slots, so we will accommodate this request where possible.
- Where possible we will clean on the day of the week of the Customer’s choosing. It may be necessary to change this from time to time. Any alterations will be agreed with the Customer prior to the clean taking place.
- Clear Interiors is closed at weekends, evenings after 17:00, Bank Holidays and over Christmas. All regular Customers are contacted each year with Christmas closing dates.
- Clear Interiors has some long-standing relationships with trusted, local businesses. We may, from time to time, recommend these to our Customers, however we are not liable for the quality of work carried out by other businesses, nor are we liable for any loss or damage incurred when a Customer decides to utilise these services.
b. Our Services
- The duties covered as standard for each type of cleaning service offered by Clear Interiors can be found in the Table of Services, which is available to view on the website, or a physical copy can be provided.
- All requests for extra duties, which are not included as standard can be discussed with management. Where possible we will always try to accommodate such requests.
- Some restrictions on what can be cleaned exist, either for health and safety reasons, or because doing so would invalidate Clear Interiors’ insurance cover. As such as are unable to clean any animal, human or medical waste, or climb beyond 2 steps of a ladder. This is not an exhaustive list of the restrictions.
- In order to protect our employees, they are instructed not to enter an environment they consider to be unsafe, dangerous to health, or inoperable for any reason, but are instructed to withdraw from the premises and report the problem. In this event the Customer will be charged for the full the cost of the clean. If the work is rescheduled (after the environment has been rendered safe), the Customer will instead be charged a fee equivalent to 50% of the cost of the original clean.
- Some surfaces can only be cleaned with specific products, such as marble. If this has not been discussed at the time of the appointment, the team will not clean it. However, we are happy to discuss how best to proceed on future cleans and may come to an arrangement whereby we provide a certain product, which we would charge for, or request that the Customer purchase a product to be made available.
- If workers such as builders, plumbers, etc, are present on the day of a clean and this has not been discussed, the team will not carry out the clean. We will endeavour to contact customers at the time to see if we can proceed with certain rooms. In some instances, depending on the type of work, we may not be able to carry out the service. The Customer would still be liable for the full cost of the clean. Where it has been agreed that work can take place whilst other workers are present, we will not provide any re-cleans in response to any complaint raised as it is always hard to determine cause. Building and maintenance work causes extra dirt and dust to accumulate and workers may be obstructing access to certain parts of the room. They may also cause distraction or disruption to cleaning staff’s usual routine.
- We cannot clean any areas or in any instances where the Customer or workers are obstructing access.
- Regular Cleans are normally carried out weekly, fortnightly or monthly, but we are happy to accommodate requests for frequencies other than this.
- In most instances, Customers will need their property to receive a Spring Clean before a Regular Clean can commence. If management deems this to be unnecessary, an Initial Clean will be offered instead.
- It is possible for Clear Interiors to create a bespoke rota of additional duties, which can be carried out automatically at set intervals, such as fridge cleaning. This can be agreed at the time of the appointment, or requested at any time after. Once a rota is agreed, the Customer will be automatically charged for the agreed duties at the agreed intervals.
c. Ironing Service
- We offer an ironing service to any Customers for whom we hold keys.
- Customers who wish to use our Ironing Service must leave clothes in a visible location, such as on the sofa, or on a table. Staff will collect the ironing when they come in to do the next clean, meaning there is no need to book the service directly.
- Clothes will be returned the following day. Any clothing left out on a Friday will be returned on the following Monday, or Tuesday in the case of a Bank Holiday.
- Customers will receive a text to alert them when we are dropping off clothes.
- If an item of clothing is lost or damaged, we will offer the money to replace the item with like for like, or the equivalent in money off their next service.
- Clothes are kept in zip-able bags and shirts in polythene covers to avoid stains or dirtying clothes in transit. We check items before beginning ironing and will note any prior damage/stains in the notes section of the invoice. Likewise, if there are any items that are unsuitable for our equipment, we will note this on the invoice.
- If our teams, for some reason, miss a collection of clothing, the Customer should let management know and they will be happy to come and pick it up at the earliest opportunity.
- All other Clear Interiors’ Terms and Conditions still apply.
- Ironing will be carried out by fully vetted and trained staff.
- Ironing will be carried out in a smoke and pet free environment.
- We will always strive to have enough staff to keep the service running like clockwork. However, if the service becomes temporarily unavailable we will contact all Customers via email or telephone straight away.
- We will always strive to fulfil our 24 hour turnaround target, but if there is ever a delay, we will contact Customers by telephone to let them know immediately.
- There is no delivery charge for the ironing service.
- There is no minimum charge for the ironing service. We just request that 10 items or more are left out to be ironed.
- We will not be held responsible for damage to delicate items.
- Any claim for loss or damage must be made to Clear Interiors within 24 hours of receipt of ironed clothes.
- In the case of loss or damage Clear Interiors will be responsible only for the ‘second hand’ value of an item. We will only accept liability to a maximum of £30 per item regardless of the item’s cost. Articles of clothing, bedding, curtains and other household and personal goods are subject to reasonable deductions for wear and tear in evaluating the item value.
- Clear Interiors will not be held responsible for shrinkage.
- We reserve the right to refuse to supply our services should we discover clothing to be unwashed or in a tainted condition.
- Over-dried clothing (generally tumble dried to excess) will often mean unsatisfactory ironing results and often entail increased time spent on ironing. Should this be the case we can accept no responsibility for the subsequent quality of the ironing. In this event we reserve the right to apply additional charges for the increased time incurred.
d. Flower Delivery Service
- We offer a Flower Delivery Service to all Clear Interiors customers in partnership with Ivy Floral Events.
- Anyone wishing to take up the service will be presented with photos for inspiration and information will be collected to find out Customer preferences. Once details are agreed, the start date for the service will be confirmed and flowers will be delivered at the time of your clean. The service can be one-off or regular.
- No particular flowers can be guaranteed. Information provided is for guidance only. Availability of flowers changes throughout the year and arrangements will vary from week to week.
- The Customer gives permission for the florist to enter their property to place and arrange flower deliveries, to use glassware where agreed and to replace vases where agreed.
- Customers will be billed via their normal invoices for their cleans. The flower delivery service will be itemised on the invoice.
- There is no additional charge for using the flower delivery service through Clear Interiors as opposed to going direct.
- Any questions or issues should be raised with Clear Interiors’ management. In some instances it may be necessary to refer Customers on, to liaise directly with Ivy Floral Events.
- Customers wishing to cancel their flower delivery service should provide 2 weeks notice. There is no cancellation charge.
- If the service becomes unavailable for any reason, we will contact all Customers via email or telephone straight away.
- The Customer gives permission for the florist to contact you directly with regards to your service and also, from time to time, with offers or information about other services delivered by Ivy Floral Events.
2. Security and Key Holding
- We can act as secure key holders for Customers. Keys are kept separate from job-sheets, which contain identifying information and keys are coded so the fobs have no identifying information. Keys are kept at Clear Interiors’ premises in a lockable, secure location. Staff do not leave keys in their cars, unattended when visiting properties.
- In the unlikely event of any keys being lost by Clear Interiors, we will make appropriate arrangements as soon as reasonably possible.
- If no key is provided, the Customer or someone else must be present on the day of the clean to allow access to the property and lock up at the end. If we are unable to gain access to the property on the day of the clean, Customers will still be liable for the full cost of the clean.
- If a property has an alarm system, full instructions and an alarm code must be provided to management prior to any clean commencing. Staff will not be held responsible for setting off any alarms where information has not been provided about how to use the alarm system.
3. Cancelling and Rearranging a Clean
- If a Customers needs to amend or cancel their booking, they must let management know at the earliest opportunity. We require 24 hours notice for cancelling or rearranging a Regular Clean and 48 hours notice for cancelling or rearranging a one-off service such as a Spring Clean, End of Tenancy Clean or Initial Clean.
- If the proper notice is not provided, the Customer will be liable for 50% of the cost of the clean if you need to rearrange or cancel a Regular Clean, or rearrange a one-off service, and will be liable for the full cost of cancelling a one-off service without rebooking.
- The Customer can cancel their service providing at least 24 hours notice before the next Regular Clean and 48 hours before a one-off service (Spring Clean/Initial Clean/End of Tenancy Clean) at no cost.
- If a deposit has been paid, such as for a Spring Clean, the Customer agrees that this will be put towards any applicable cancellation fees as outlined above. The deposit will be returned in full if a Customer cancels their clean providing the proper notice period.
- By entering into a service agreement with Clear Interiors, the Customer agrees that after the termination of the cleaning service he/she will not hire or use any domestic services provided by a present or past cleaner introduced to the Customer by the company. If the Customer wishes to hire or use domestic services provided by such a cleaner then he/she must pay a referral fee of £600.
- If we have held keys for you and you decide the cancel, your keys will be returned to you within 5 working days of the last clean, or from when we have been notified of your request to cancel. We will make arrangements directly with you to ensure their safe return.
- Clear Interiors reserves the right to terminate their service without notice.
4. Pricing and Payments
- Customers who live beyond the usual area which we service will be liable for the cost of mileage and staff time taken to reach their property. These items will be listed on the invoice and VAT will be added to the total. Google Maps is used to calculate these charges. Properties within a 5 mile radius of Clear Interiors’ office at NR2 3EW will incur no extra charge. Properties within a radius of 5.1-7.5 miles of Clear Interiors’ office will incur an additional £5 charge. Properties within a radius of 7.6-10 miles of Clear Interiors’ office will incur an additional £10 charge. We will consider all properties from areas NR1-NR18. Anything over 10 miles from the office, will incur a £20 charge.
- Quotes are valid for 3 months. After this time it may be necessary to provide a new quote.
- Clear Interiors has minimum charges in place. These are: £45 for a Regular Clean, £135 for a Spring Clean and £140 for an End of Tenancy Clean. These prices include VAT. These charges may be altered or updated from time to time. We are unable to attend a property for anything less than our minimum charges.
- Clear Interiors calculates the cost of cleans per job, instead of per hour. You’re guaranteed to have all the duties of your Regular Clean carried out each time, regardless of time taken.
- You will be provided an estimate for any one-off services. Occasionally, where work is significantly more or less than quoted, the Customer’s final bill will be altered to reflect this.
- Customers booking a one-off service worth over £100 will need to pay a 50% deposit for the cost of the clean prior to the day the clean is scheduled to commence. The remaining 50% is due to be paid upon completion of the work.
- The cost of a Regular Clean will remain the same each time, except where ongoing monitoring indicates that significantly more or less work than expected is being carried out. It may be necessary from time to time, to increase or decrease prices for all Customers as business costs increase or decrease. We will try to absorb any rising costs where reasonably possible. Customers will always be provided with written notification of any price increase or decrease and will be given at least 5 working days notice before a price change.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, bank transfer or direct debit. Customers must request a direct debit form from management for this to be set up. The form will be sent via email and the form is submitted online. Cheques should be made payable to Clear Interiors. Our details, for bank transfers are: Bank: Santander Sort Code: 09 06 66 Account Number: 41225841
- We recommend using your name and invoice number as the reference when making a bank transfer.
- Full payment is expected within 5 days of the clean taking place, except where alternative arrangements have been made.
- Where payment has not been provided on time, you will receive 2 reminder emails for payment. After this we will try to contact you twice by phone. Where no email address is provided, we will make 2 phone calls free of charge and 2 further phone calls, which will incur a fee as outlined below. If we have still not received or arranged payment, we will contact a debt collection agency.
- Where payment must be chased by phone, a £10 admin fee will apply in addition to the cost of the clean. If a debt collection agency is required, the Customer will incur an additional charge of 15% of the cost of the clean.
- All payments must be made in GBP.
- We reserve the right not to attend any further scheduled cleans until such time as previous cleans have been paid for in full.
- Payment for the ironing service is made in the same way as for our cleaning services.
- The price list for the ironing service is clearly set out on our website, or we can provide you with a hard copy.
- Where a direct debit payment is collected automatically in error, we will refund the full amount as soon as the payment has cleared in Clear Interiors’ account. The Customer must provide bank details in order for us to make this refund. A refund can take up to 15 working days to complete.
5. Privacy and Data Protection
- We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
- All Customer information is kept secure and confidential. If you cease to be a Clear Interiors Customer, all personal information is deleted within 4 weeks of the final clean.
- We collect personal information for two reasons: firstly, to process your enquiry and secondly, to provide you with updates about our services.
- You can opt out of our marketing material at any time by replying to any email we send.
- We will never collect personal information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us.
- If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy.
- We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you can email us.
6. Complaints and Breakages
- The Customer accepts and understands that poor service, theft, breakage or damage must be reported to management within 24 hours from the date the clean was undertaken. Failure to do so will entitle the Customer to no refunds or re-cleans. After this time it is very hard to determine the cause of any incidents.
- We may take up to 5 working days to respond to a complaint. This may be longer if it is over the Christmas break.
- Occasionally something may be missed. If this occurs, you should let us know within 24 hours of the clean taking place. We will send a team to re-clean the missed items. You must allow the cleaner to return and you should be present at this time in order to confirm that the work has been carried out to your satisfaction. We reserve the right to return a cleaner not more than once.
- Re-cleans are limited to a maximum of 2 hours at a time suitable for the Customer.
- No claims shall be entertained if the Customer has an outstanding balance aged more than 30 days.
- We may require entry to the location of the claim within 24 hours to correct or assess the problem.
- Fragile or valuable items must be put away when a clean is carried out to avoid breakage.
- If a breakage occurs, staff must report this to management. Customers must also let us know if they are aware of a breakage within 24 hours of the clean taking place. If it is agreed that our staff caused the damage, we will offer to have the item repaired, or we will rectify the issue through our insurance, by crediting the Customer with the item/s if it is found to be our fault.
- We reserve the right not to be responsible for: delay of a cleaning visit due to traffic congestion, postponed visit due to broken equipment, staff absence or sickness, job not complete due to lack of hot water, power, parking and suitable cleaning materials and/or equipment in full working order, a third party entering or present at the Customer’s premises obstructing the cleaning process, accidental damages worth up to £50 or less.
- Clear Interiors has Public and Employer’s liability insurance.
- The policy will cover any accidental damages caused by a staff member working for Clear Interiors, reported within 24 hours of the service date.
- Insurance cover does not include anything that may break down or stop working at any time such as: dishwasher, washing machine, oven, cookers, extractor fans, fridge, freezer, etc, any other items, instability of which the Customer is already aware of, such as bathroom appliances or any fixtures. The Customer is obliged to warn Clear Interiors or the cleaner about appliances that are poorly fixed or not in full working order.
- Clear Interiors reserves the right to refuse to share any of the company’s confidential documents.
- There is £250 excess on any claim of which £100 is to be paid by the Customer and £150 by Clear Interiors.
- Any attempt to commit insurance fraud or any use of false information to commit any type of fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law together by the Company and the Insurance Provider(s). Monetary compensation as well as legal fees may be incurred.
- All staff are employed directly by Clear Interiors. We are not an agency.
- All staff are provided with full and ongoing in-house training. They receive a DBS check and COSHH training.
- Where inappropriate conduct arises from staff, Customers should contact management immediately. Formal procedures are in place for addressing staff conduct issues.
- All cleaning staff are identifiable by their Clear Interiors uniforms and name badges.
- Clear Interiors is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We recruit our employees on the basis of their ability to do the job and aim to ensure that all employees are treated equally regardless of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- Our staff are strictly instructed not to use any of your personal equipment while in your home. You agree to permit staff members to use the telephone ONLY to call the management team on a local number if necessary.
- Our staff are diligent, hard working people and we ask our Customers to treat them with respect at all times. Please refrain from asking them to work for you freelance as it often causes embarrassment and is against their Terms and Conditions and yours.
9. Ownership rights
- All rights, including copyright, of Clear Interiors’ marketing material, documentation and website are owned by or licensed to Clear Interiors. Any use of the marketing materials, documentation, or website content, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non commercial purposes is prohibited.
- You may not modify, distribute or repost anything in our marketing material, documentation or website for any purpose.
- We have taken care in the preparation of the content of our marketing materials, documentation and website, in particular to ensure that any prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all services have been fairly described. We will not be held liable for any errors in the content outlined above.
- All services are subject to acceptance and availability. If the service you have booked is not available, we will contact you by email or phone, if details have been provided. You will have the option either to wait until the service is available or to cancel your booking at no charge.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the relevant United Kingdom law, and by agreeing to be bound by them the Customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts of the United Kingdom. Clear Interiors reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these Terms and Conditions without giving any prior notice.
- If you have any queries about these Terms and Conditions, or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via 01603 617 732.